Information Collected by Fimbo.org
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Fimbo.org users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use Fimbo.org services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your e-mail address).
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Fimbo.org and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Fimbo.org cookie information, and the page you requested. Fimbo.org uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Fimbo.org may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Fimbo.org will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Fimbo.org is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Fimbo.org may send out e-mails with Fimbo.org-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Fimbo.org, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Fimbo.org cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because Fimbo.org enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Fimbo.org is an integral part of the Fimbo.org experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Fimbo.org Personnel: Fimbo.org personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Fimbo.org business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Fimbo.org, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Fimbo.org users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Fimbo.org where we allow you to tell other Fimbo.org users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Member Directory: The e-mail address that you submit upon registration will be searchable by other Fimbo.org users who know you by your email address, unless you choose to opt out of this feature. This is primarily so that other users can find you to establish friendship through Fimbo.org. You may opt-out of this feature by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Friends' Activity: Much like other online social networks, Fimbo.org allows non-friends to browse your friends' activity.
- API: Fimbo.org will allow third parties access to all Fimbo.org data this is already publicly available through the Fimbo.org website. Fimbo.org will keep private any passwords and blog settings.
- Syndication: Fimbo.org allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Fimbo.org website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your Fimbo.org account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Fimbo.org users, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- If you do not wish to have people who know you by your email address find you via the Member Directory service, please visit the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile to opt out of this feature.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Fimbo.org website. As a result, Fimbo.org does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Fimbo.org has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Fimbo.org or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use